Organized in 1907, the Eau Claire Rod and Gun Club is the oldest continuously operating sportsman’s club in the state of Wisconsin. Current club members can trace their roots to
February 25, 1907, when sportsmen of the Eau Claire area met.
assist in the propagation and preservation of fish and game…to
promote friendship and sociability among members.”
The years following have seen the merger of the original Rod and Gun Club with the Indianhead Gun Club, The Western Wisconsin Pistol Club, and The Chippewa Valley Field Trial Association. Each former organization retains its basic goals, but operates within the framework of the larger organization.
With a current membership of approximately 2,000, our club looks eagerly toward providing sporting activities in a positive, family atmosphere for the people of the greater Eau Claire area.
The Eau Claire Rod and Gun Club offers, hosts and supports many different activities and groups that allow members and the general public many opportunities to enjoy the shooting sports, conservationism, the outdoors and camaraderie.
- 7 American Trap Fields with Pat throwers and wireless Canterbury releases
- 2 Fields equipped with wobble throwers
- 1 American Skeet overlay on Trap #7
- Summer and fall trap leagues
- ATA registered shooting
- Youth Trapshooting Development program
- Host to the Clearwater Explosion SCTP Team
- Hunter Education classes in Spring and Fall
- Learn to Shoot Trap Program
- Benefit and Fundraising Shoots hosted from Spring to Fall
- Fully supervised Rifle/Pistol range with covered shooting positions, 100 yard rifle berm and 25 yard pistol berm
- 16 lane walk around outdoor archery range with 2 elevated towers
- Club House with pro shop, full bar, bathrooms and shower
- Club House rentals available for parties and events
- Multiple electrical hook ups for campers
- Large parking area, partially paved
- Large prairie area, perfect for walking and dog training
- Ponds with multiple access points, great for dog training